29.8.14

she poofed

poof: verb; to disappear into thin air without warning.

Sounds about right, eh?

Let me give you a quick run down on the past two and a half weeks of my life.

It all started with a really great nap! August 6th, I was sound asleep after an early morning of training clients. I woke up around 3pm and, as usual, reached over to check my phone and emails before getting up. One email in particular caught my eye..

"ASU- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law"

W.T.F.??!!! For those of you who know me, you know that ASU was my first choice law school 10 months ago when I sent out applications. They put me on their wait list, and I never heard from them again, until the morning of my graduation, that is. Then they finally decided to contact me (7 months later!) to tell me that I hadn't been accepted to the university. I was seriously bummed.

But now, after sealing in my financial aid at my last choice school and working full time until September when I would have to restrict my hours to start school, they decide to email me.

I got in. 

I. WAS. PISSED.

I immediately closed out the email and went downstairs to casually tell the family that I was accepted, but would not be going there because I had 48 hours to accept their offer and cancel all my other plans to bow at their feet. HA. I'm not about that last-minute stress, nor the idea of someone else taking control of my decisions. Sensing the bitterness yet?

Well, my parents talked some sense into me and suggested that we at least go visit the school the next day before accepting or declining the offer at the end of the 48 hour period. So, we went, and I accepted the offer on the drive home from the school..

12 days later, I had quit my job and was commuting 90-100 minutes each way to law school! A whole three weeks earlier than I expected, at a different school than I expected, with no scholarship money, and no job.

My life is now law school. My 21st birthday? Law school. Weekends? Law school. Gym time? Law school. Well that escalated quickly..

SO, that leads me to you. Or to this beautiful place we call the Masterpiece Movement.  Gosh I love this place. This little blogosphere that I have built a little piece of my life on has documented some of the greatest (and darkest) days. I won't leave it.

But, right now, blogging time falls next to those other items that I listed above and is only answered with two words: law school. It has to be my priority for this season of life. You were here before, and you will be here after, and there will be many happy times in between. I'll be around, but the days of my endless time to read and respond to comments and test new recipes and type up fun posts is going to be gone. I will do my best to keep up every once in a while, but don't be surprised when I poof every now and then! I assure you I haven't fallen off of the face of the earth or turtled to my death on my way to school! I am here, just trying to find that thing called balance.

I'll be around. Until then, see you later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment