9.7.14

where we are and where we're going


I contemplated this post quite a bit the past couple of days. 

When I first started The Masterpiece Movement, I had what I thought was a pretty clear mission for this blog. It's still there, but I can't help but feel like I have been a bit off point lately. Mostly because I am really hard on myself. I don't like to post unless it's perfect. I don't like to share recipes because I am not an educated chef. I don't like to give you workouts because I want to be different than the million fitness blogs out there. I hesitate to share my personal life too often because I don't think you really care that much. See what I'm getting at? 

I need a new vision for this blog. I need a vision that creates space to extend grace to the Masterpiece Movement community. After all, this was supposed to be a place of progress and self-acceptance.

So, today I am going to promise you what is to come in this place. 
  1. Recipes. They might not be perfectly healthy, fit a million dietary restrictions, please everyone's taste buds, or fit every expectation. I have been told that my creativity in the kitchen is sometimes a bit crazy, but I will share my best with you and cross my fingers that you love it!
  2. Workouts. Working out is a part of my life. Actually, it is a lot of my life. When something saves your life the way that lifting weights saved mine, you don't exactly let it go.
  3. Product Reviews. Food, fitness equipment, cooking tools, anything really! I love to try new things and will always give you my honest opinion. Some of my greatest treasures are things that others shared with me, so I will do my best to pay it forward.
  4. Community. I'm a personal trainer, guys. I see people give up on being healthy every single day. Some struggle with the nutrition, others with the workouts, and many with the emotional challenges that come with working towards a goal. I have found that community is the one thing that helps my clients to hold all of the pieces together. Through this blog, I want to share that piece of community that I give my clients with you. Anything that you can possibly think of to enrich this community, I want to help make it happen. Leave a comment or send me an email! I want to hear from you! :)


New vision, new mission, new adventures.

We're in it together!

What would you like to see at The Masterpiece Movement?

No comments:

Post a Comment