13.5.14

PGD + coming adventures

I'm still finding myself with quite a graduation-enduced hangover.. Drugged by family, friends, lack of sleep, and nights spent in hot tubs. It was wonderful, but there is this thing called Post-Graduation Depression- and it's real. Lucky for me, I have a three week trip to Europe to look forward to, but I can easily see how one can be pretty depressed after such an exciting time in his life. I had plenty of those moments, even with leaving for my trip in just a few short days. 

Please don't mind the fact that I am bypassing a lot of my graduation recap. It's kind of the stage that I'm at right now.. Almost as if Point Loma died and I'm mourning the loss of the best three years of my life.. I've been known to be a bit dramatic, but this one has really hit me pretty hard. Thanks to my best friends, I have so many beautiful pictures to share, but I'm going to wait a little while. I think that I just need some time, so I thought that I would share a bit about my Europe trip with you!

Yes, I'm ready. I think. My pool table covered in clothing and folder overflowing with plans says that I'm ready, but I still can't believe that I leave for Paris tomorrow morning!

I'm about to partake on a journey with limited internet, almost no phone use, and a camera taking the place of my right hand! Yep, a camera, remember what those are?! I dug my digital Sony out of my middle school storage bin under my bed. No iPhone use here! Oh, and did I mention that I don't speak any of the three languages of the countries that we are traveling to?? Yep, this will be interesting!

We will be traveling to Paris, Genoa, Cinque Terre, Florence, Cortona, Rome, and Berlin. Mostly trains, a few planes, and lots of walking. I'm going to be seriously testing my mind since we won't have a gym and I won't be in control of what I'm eating most of the time. It's going to be quite a challenge for me. I would be lying if I didn't admit to having bags of quest bars, instant oats, peanut butter packets, gum, and various protein powder flavors already portioned out in my bag.. TSA will have quite a laugh when they see my bag! Challenges are good, but the ex-girl scout in me would be raging if I didn't leave prepared!

While I will be an intermittent blogger the next few weeks, I hope to be able to update you from the other side of the world whenever I have wifi! Expect plenty of pictures, laughs, and great stories when we get to catch up! :)

See you guys soon! 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't be more excited for you Kendall! You are going to have an amazing, magical time and I'll be sending you lots of happy tummy thoughts along the way! Love you girl and I'll see you when you are back state side! :D

    ReplyDelete