7.5.14

are you motivated, or are you INSPIRED?

iiiiiiiiiiit's WEDNESDAY! I don't think I have ever been so excited for a hump day in my entire life. Well, maybe next hump day will be close too.. That's the day that I leave for Paris!

Anyway, I have enough to think about today that we don't need to jump to next week just yet! This morning is my last final exam, this afternoon my grandparents are flying in, and tonight my best friend (that I haven't seen in a whole year!) is flying in! Holy moly. Too much excitement. There are so many special days coming up that I really just want to throw my hands in the air and share my true feelings with my professors..



Yep, that sums it up pretty well.. 

As far as contest prep goes, I think I have more anxiety about it than I do my finals. Is that weird? I think it's just because I have my days down to a science. It's always "gym at this time," "meal one at this time," ect, but that will need to be adapted to the graduation festivities. Except it kind of can't be. 

These used to be the times that I just took a mini vacation from my "diet" and "enjoyed myself". That can't happen this weekend. Even my one high{er} calorie day (that will be the actual day of my graduation) still involves me hitting my prep macro numbers and sticking to my plan. There is no "blow everything off" time and, if there was, I could get myself into a ton of trouble. It would turn into a whole week of skipping the gym and not fueling my body well. A week is enough to set me back a very long time. 

That being said, I think that it's important to address that I don't, in the slightest, feel sorry for myself.  I have people tell me all the time that they feel sorry for me because I have to lug my food scale places, train consistently, and always choose the salad on the menu when we go out. Although it used to really bother me, it doesn't anymore. I've learned that I don't need food to enjoy people's company or to celebrate. If I weren't in contest prep, maybe I would have a nice meal out, but I wouldn't YOLO it and eat everything in sight, because I finally understand this concept of holidays and celebrations not revolving around what you are eating. 

Want to know the secret? Don't be motivated. Stop looking for motivation that comes from others and their actions. They are humans, and they will fail you. Someone else reaching for a cookie doesn't give you permission to eat the whole box. Your gym buddy taking a day off of the gym doesn't determine whether or not you should go. Whether your friends study for their exams should not effect whether or not you decide to study for yours. Motivation comes from those around us. Sure, it's nice to be motivated but, if you rely on it, you will never achieve your goals. What you need is inspiration. Inspiration that comes from your heart and is determined to do whatever it takes to get where you want to be. Inspiration stops looking for the answers and encouragement from others and starts looking at what really matters to you. You will be amazed when you can stop relying on others and their actions to determine your own. It's a whole new world full of joy and opportunity.

I'm not motivated to compete. Nobody in my life has told me that I have what it takes and that I will be on that stage with my best package in October. Guess what? I'm still doing it. I know that I can do it. I know that I can pass by a temporary desire in pursuit of a bigger goal. Why? Because I'm inspired. 

Whether or not you want to eat healthy, run a marathon, lose some weight, build some muscle, get through school, whatever, do it because it matters to YOU. Get inspired and get after it. Stay hungry, stay committed, and stay focused. You determine your destiny.

What are you inspired to do today?


No comments:

Post a Comment