22.4.14

liebster award!

Fun fact: my spell check is absolutely positive that "liebster" is supposed to be "lobster"! LOL Thanks for trying spell check! 




I kind of thought the same thing though when I saw the award pop up on Casey's blog the other day, and I was surprised to hear that it is a a little game consuming the blog-o-sphere that lets us share some of our favorite blogs and learn a bit more about each other! Pretty cool, eh? I think so too! 

I was so excited when Casey nominated me to take a turn at the Liebster Award! Casey blogs mostly about food and her life as a gluten-free college student. When I got back to school and was just starting out with my food allergies, meeting Casey and having her blog was a blessing! I am so honored that she chose to share the Liebster Award with me!

Here's how it works!

1. You have to link back to the person who nominated you
2. You have to answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you from that person
3. You have to nominate 10 bloggers 
4. You have to form (and answer, if you want) 10 questions for those bloggers
5. You have to tell your 10 nominees the great news!


With all of that out of the way, here are my answers!

1. What motivates you to write/blog?

Having a few good friends who speak truth into my life has changed the way that I live. Through my blog, I want to be that friend to other people and, through just sharing life together, I think I can make a difference.

2. If you could only eat three foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?


Ohhhh goodness.. People ask me this all the time and I never have an answer! Probably chicken chimis, grilled cheese, and macaroni and cheese. Shoot. Or German chocolate cake.. But then you need ice cream! Do those go as a two-for-one? I give up.

3. What's the story behind your blog name?


Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus so we can do the good things planned for us long ago." It is my favorite verse, and it gave me the strength and trust to get through some of the hardest days of my life.

4. What is something you learned recently?


That storing natural peanut butter upside down in the fridge stops the oil from separating on the top of your jar! DO IT! It is life changing for peanut-butter-lovers!

5. Describe your perfect Saturday.


Sleeping in, coffee and blogging time, lifting in the outside gym with my gym buddy, Courtney, getting to bake something delicious (and actually eat it since this competition-prep thing is pretty limiting), and lay in the sun for a while and catch up on my TV shows/Youtube channels before going to church with my family! If you don't know my living situation right now, that has me in two different states at various points of the day to make it to all of those events! Hahah

6. What is the best meal/snack you've eaten recently?


I made a breakfast quesadilla and it was AMAZING. It will be appearing several times over in my kitchen! Recipe coming soon!

7. What is your favorite blog post to date?


Probably this one because it was a huge turning point in perspective for me. I still need to go back and read this post often. It speaks to a certain part of me that never gives up the comparison games and reminds me to get my priorities straight!

8. Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?

I am a behind the scenes travel agent! When I was little, I would write poems and make power points to convince my parents to take my brother and me to Disneyland! When I finally got a "yes," I set off to print out all of the hotel information, mapquests, and park information and compiled it all into a binder. I would have every detail planned and ready to go! I grew up wanting to work for AAA, and my love for planning vacations and fun trips never really left me. It gives the type-A part of my mind something to work on :)

9. What's the most interesting comment/email you've gotten from your blog?


With most of my followers being my friends right now, I get a lot of my comments in person instead of on my blog! I have to say that I was floored the day that a friend told me that they tried THIS workout and they were seriously challenged. I was so surprised that someone actually wanted to do my workout! 

10. If you could go anywhere for free, where would it be?


Croatia! My mom and I are going to Europe after graduation (posts coming on the trip!), but Croatia is a place that I have always wanted to go. It is crazy expensive though, and kind of isolated from the other places that I want to visit, so it is hard to justify tying it into a trip. If anyone wants to pay my way, let me know! ;)

My Nominees
*CaNdY FiT*
Powercakes
Pumps & Iron
Purely Twins
Sweat Like A Pig
Vanilla Bean Lean
Through the Thin of it All
Mouthwatering Motivation
Not So Ordi-NANNY Me!
Kayla's Joy

My Questions:
1. What got you started blogging?
2. If you had to choose a favorite recipe, what would it be? (yours or someone else's!)
3. What is your favorite way to get in some exercise?
4. If you are going to have a special treat, what do you pick?
5. What is your favorite post that you have written?
6. Where is the best place that you have traveled?
7. If you could have a coffee date with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
8. If you could spend the day doing whatever you pleased, what would you do? Who would you do it with?
9. What is your favorite restaurant?
10. What is your favorite snack?

Thanks again for including me in the fun, Casey




No comments:

Post a Comment