30.4.14

let them eat pie


MMMMMMMMM.... Pieeeeeee :)


I can just here you saying "Kendall, you don't know what you are talking about, those are cinnamon rolls! There is no pie in that picture!" Oh, friends, I assure you, I wouldn't play with your hearts that way. I know exactly what I am talking about.

You see, these foods were practically made to be together. Even PB&J bows in their presence. The warm, gooey texture of a cinnamon roll kissing the sweet spiced filling of the pie, it's magical. 

I'm not a good sharer. My parents did their best to teach me, but I just never caught on. Today, I'll do my best to share with you. Not my pie, of course, but I will give you the recipe to make your own!

Cinnamon Roll-Topped Apple Pie

For the rolls:
  • One recipe of cinnamon rolls of choice, uncooked, and cut thin. (I used this recipe, but you can use any that you want!) 
  • I filled them with an applesauce, stevia, and cinnamon mixture.


For the pie:
  • 800g of granny smith apples
  • Maple syrup, 1/3 cup
  • Cinnamon, 2tbsp
  • Stevia, to taste
  • Vanilla, 1/2tbsp
  • Salt, a pinch
  • 9 inch pie pan
  • Foil
  1. Pre-heat your oven to 350F.
  2. Chop apples into very thin slices and place into a pie dish.
  3. Top the apples with the maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, stevia, and salt, and mix thoroughly.
  4. Cover the pie with foil, and bake for 20 minutes
  5. Take the pie out and top with cinnamon rolls, covering the entire pie like a crust normally would.
  6. Bake for 35-45 minutes, uncovered, until the cinnamon rolls start to brown.
  7. Be filled with cinnamon goodness, and come back and let me know if you liked it! :)

I hope that this recipe will help you through hump day! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment