16.4.14

holy..

Moooooooooo...

This morning I had a holy cow moment.. Actually, this entire week has been nothing but holy cow moments! I got an email about moving out (and promptly deleted it), was alerted that I have just one full week of college left (and a 3 day week after break), watched my current roommate choose her housing with another group of girls for next year, and realized that I am making my last trip back to Phoenix for a school break.

Time goes TOO fast. 

I have heard my friends and family say this for so many years, but I am seriously experiencing it this week. When the best things you have in your life are coming to an end, it's a hard thing to accept, so I thought that today I would take a minute to share how I'm handling it..

If you are feeling like spending the day in the fetal position, crying in the corner, because your life is disappearing, this is for you! (I actually contemplated that today, but that wouldn't be the "adult" thing to do)

1. Thank the people who made this chapter of your life so incredible.
Everyone deserves to hear how important they are. If someone has made the difference for you,  thank them. It doesn't have to be extravagant. Bring them a coffee, write them a little note, or just say "thank you." It will make them feel on top of the world.

2. Give yourself something to look forward to.
Plan a trip to look forward to, set up a new volunteer job, sign up for a fitness competition or marathon, or make a date with a friend to do something special. Having something to look forward to in the next chapter of your life will help ease the transition.

3. Journal about it. 
Write out your fears, feelings of excitement, and favorite memories. Putting things on paper has a special way of helping things make sense. Find some scripture to lift your spirits, work on sorting out your favorite pictures for scrapbooking, or just simply write. 

4. Cry. 
It's okay. You don't have to bottle it up and pretend you won't miss anything. Things change and it can be an emotional time, but it can also be the best opportunity for something new and wonderful to come into your life! Let it out, move forward, and seek the future with optimism and joy!

Wherever you find yourself today, live in the moment, give thanks for beautiful days, and remind yourself that something new and exciting could be just around the corner!

Yes, today I am driving back to Phoenix for the last time before I move back, but there are so many things to look forward to and meditate on during those holy cow moments!

Love you guys! Have a great hump day!

When was the last major transition you had to make? How did you deal with it?



1 comment:

  1. Hey Kendall! It is really amazing how time does fly, but I'm so excited to spend the rest of this year with you! Just to let you know, I nominated you for the Liebster Award because your blog never fails to bring a smile to my face :) Check out the details here! http://caseythecollegeceliac.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete