4.2.14

Loving Where You Are


When I first got to college, we had to take a test that told us what our strengths were. There it was, glaring back at me: "Futuristic".

I am a planner, a goal setter, an achiever, and realistic. If there is any opportunity to improve, I am less than satisfied with my current performance. I'm not saying that it's right, but it's where I am right now. I look forward to competing in the Fall, going to law school, getting married, starting a family, and so many other precious moments that await me in the future. I find myself making countdowns and looking forward to the next big thing to get me through the day. 

Are you waiting until all the stars are aligned to do what you love? "When I get done with school I'll..." or "When I lose 10lbs I'll.." Why not now? Why are you wasting this moment dreaming of the future and wishing it would come sooner? 

Live for today. Inhale the ocean breeze or fresh air and exhale grace, patience, and love. You are where you are right now for a reason. Embrace it today and let the future decide itself. 

The moments in this season are the ones that will add to the masterpiece that faces the future!

What are you going to do today to start living in the present?

No comments:

Post a Comment