3.2.14

Gratitude Monday & LA Fit Expo Recap!


Monday is a day in which I invite you to reflect on what you are grateful for. Viewing life from the perspective of abundance is a huge step to seeing your value and strength. Each week, I will share something that I am grateful for and ask you to share in the comments below. I love to hear your stories and reflections! Happy Monday!

****************************************************************************************************************************************


This is my life this morning.. I wish I was kidding, but I rely on coffee way too much! Especially on Monday mornings! Keeping it simple, strong, and black makes it a great addition to any healthy lifestyle and that's a good thing since some days I think I need an IV drip of it!

Anyway, on with Gratitude Monday! A couple weeks ago, I got to go to the LA Fit Expo in Los Angeles with my training partner and some other friends. It was my second time attending the expo {I went on a road trip last year with my mom} and it was a blast! This leads me to the top of my gratitude list this morning: 

taking part in a sport in which people seek to inspire others. 

Bodybuilding is a sport in which it is so easy to let one's ego get the best of him/her, but the expo really highlighted the kindness and selflessness of the pros as they step off of the pedestal for a moment and shake the hands of hug some of their biggest fans. Most of them were forced to be there because of their supplement sponsors, but it never showed on their faces. They were all about smiling for pictures and talking with us about their favorite training plans and what our goals were. There was never an ounce of arrogance expressed or a put down spoken. Just encouragement. Just inspiration. 

That's what the Masterpiece Movement is about. It's one thing to believe in yourself, but it's another to inspire someone else and help others discover the beauty within themselves.

Here's a short photo dump from the weekend:


The Firehouse for breakfast! They are famous for their bodybuilding menu!


My food: steak, egg whites, and veggies. Starting the day off right!


IFBB Pro Steve Cook! He was SO nice and spent a good amount of time talking with us.


Rob Bailey! He writes all of the music on my leg day playlist and is the husband of my bodybuilding idol, DLB! He hung out with us while we waited in line for hours to see her.



IFBB Pro Dana Linn Bailey {DLB}! We waited forever, but it was totally worth it! She is the nicest person and so encouraging. 


Just taking some selfies at the gym before heading out to the second day of the expo! Me and my training partner, Courtney!


The group and me reppin' our love for Quest Nutrition!


Me and my free tub of Dymatize Whey Protein! I won it by winning the push up competition with 52 push ups in 60 seconds! Cinnamon Bun is an awesome flavor and I highly recommend it! 

Overall, it was such a great weekend!  My sport of choice is far from easy, but the amount of encouragement and inspiration that the successful athletes show to us beginners is unbelievable. I couldn't be more grateful for that.  

What are you grateful for today?




No comments:

Post a Comment