5.1.14

The Blog Post That Started It All..

Last week I wrote a challenging post on my previous blog, Letters From Lomaland. I was hugging my morning coffee as my glazed-over eyes weeded through the new posts on some of my favorite blogs. I didn't know that morning that a blog that I read daily (marksdailyapple.com) would ask me a question that would turn my world upside down.

The question was:

 If you could do anything with your life, and money was not a concern, what would you do?

Before I knew it, I was making a list of all of the things I am passionate about in life; all of my dreams, desires, and seeds that have been planted in my heart by my Creator. All of the little pieces of me that somehow never make the “possible” side of the to-do list.
I would help others find peace with themselves. I would spend my days in coffee shops in deep and meaningful conversation about the Lord’s plans. I would have the courage to take that leap of faith and start a full-time health and wellness blog and write freelance pieces that educate the nation. I would speak up about fair and educated nutrition standards and show people that they can be anyone they want to be. I would help women to see that they are strong and that is worth so much more than than the pedestal that a sickly-thin figure puts you on. I would be that friend for them that has actually been in their shoes, sick and afraid of seeking help or relapsing. I want to help people find a passion that saves their lives the way that weightlifting has saved mine. 
When it comes down to it, I want to help others create the life that they always dream of. I want to show them how to stop scouring the pages of magazines for a how-to guide and create their own

This is the mission of the Masterpiece Movement.

This isn't a place that is anything fancy or bogged down with science, just a place where people who need a friend or companion on their journey to health can find someone to remind them that their dreams belong on the “possible” side of the to-do list. I’ll be documenting my journey to a healthy and happy life and share tid-bits of faith along the way. 
I encourage you to ask yourself this difficult question.
If you could do anything with your life, and money was not a concern, what would you do?
Don’t be afraid to realize that you were meant to live certain dreams that you haven’t made a priority. Don’t just make a huge goal that can’t be reached, make a plan of how you will get a bit closer to it every day. Think about it, write about it, talk about it. What makes you tick?