27.1.14

Gratitude Monday- 1/27


Monday is a day in which I invite you to reflect on what you are grateful for. Viewing life from the perspective of abundance is a huge step to seeing your value and strength. Each week, I will share something that I am grateful for and ask you to share in the comments below. I love to hear your stories and reflections! Happy Monday!

Anyone else reaching for the coffee today?? Bring on the afternoon Americano! I had a long, but incredibly awesome time at the LA Fit Expo this weekend! It was two days of inspiration and fun as I got to meet some of my favorite bodybuilders and hang out with great friends. I will do a full recap later this week when I get to edit all of my photos.

It's hard to see so many people who excel at your sport [for me, bodybuilding] and then look back at yourself and see how much work you really have ahead of you if you want to succeed. It's a painful reality and, sometimes, it's enough to make you want to quit. You know what, though? If the journey didn't involve a few steep mountains it wouldn't be as rewarding when you finally reach the top.

Although I am learning to be thankful for the trials, I am the most thankful for the people who stand beneath you, arms extended, waiting to catch you when you miss a step. The people who don't hit you when you are down, but remind you that your goals are only as achievable as you believe them to be. They will be the same ones that celebrate with you when you finally make it to the top of the mountain. These are the people worth creating space for in your life.

Today I am thankful for the friends and family who support me in everything I do.

What are you giving thanks for today? Comment below and share!

1 comment:

  1. I am feeling mucho gratitude for day 1 of drinking lots of water, no diet coke and did cardio. Feels good to take care myself. Nobody prompted me. I just pushed myself. Thanks Kendall for being an inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete