Welcome to Friday Fantastic 5! Every Friday, be sure to stop by for 5 things that I'm loving that week!
Today's theme is going to be lower body strength training!
1. Split Squats: Much like lunges, split squats help you to build a strong and full leg. It recruits all of the major lower body muscle groups, including the hamstrings, quads, and glutes. Be sure to keep your ankle directly under your knee and press through your heel on the way up. These are a great finisher to any leg day!
2. Stiff Legged Dead Lift: Want a tight booty and rockin' hamstrings? Find a barbell or a pair of dumbbells and give stiff legged deeds a try! Keep your back flat and be sure to engage your glutes and hamstrings while using the appropriate amount of weight for your level of experience.
3. Kettlebell Swings: Cardio and great legs all in one move? YEAH! If you don't have a kettlebell, you can use a dumbbell. Just be sure to hold on to whatever you swing tightly and avoid swinging higher than shoulder level to prevent injury.
4. Goblet Squat: Goblet squats are awesome for your quads! Although a dumbbell is shown, you can also use a kettlebell. Holding the weight close to your chest, squat as low as possible (hamstrings to calves if your flexibility allows) and power back up to your starting position.
5. Lunge Jumps: Another cardio and leg dual exercise is lunge jumps! These may take a bit of practice, but they are a great plyometric exercise to build endurance and strength simultaneously.
Next time you are at the gym for leg day, give these a try!
Comment below: What is your favorite leg exercise?