28.1.14

Being True To You.




This morning had me in quite a whirlwind as I was trying to figure out what day it was.  It's our first full week back at school and there is something about having to go to a full day of class after a 6am training session that sometimes gets the best of me! The only thing worse would be having to go after a full day of classes!

I've hinted to you a few times now about my passion for bodybuilding. There is something about feeling strong after being suffocated by the grip of an eating disorder that puts me on cloud nine. It's a high that I can't possibly explain. 

"You have to eat within 45 minutes of training, you know," they say.

"Cardio is the only way to get lean," they preach.

Well, I don't eat for a couple hours after training and I haven't done cardio consistently in six months.

I'm not as lean as I was, I eat more than I did, and I am the happiest that I have ever been. You know why? Because what I do works for me.

Will it work for you too? Maybe. Will I share with you everything that I have learned/am learning on my journey to realizing the masterpiece that I am? Absolutely! But, at the end of the day, you have to decide what works for YOU.

I'm in the "cutting" stage of my bodybuilding cycle right now. I'm looking to lose some fat that I had accumulated during my bulk and prepare to hopefully take the stage in the figure division in November. It's all new to me, and I'm reading a lot of research and putting in the time to gain some knowledge, but I take everything with a grain of salt. I have learned that extreme diets and exercise plans don't work well for me. I know certain foods leave me feeling exhausted and gross, so I avoid them. 

Ultimately, nobody knows your body as well as you do. They may be able to share with you what has worked for them, but they will never be able to customize an approach that will be perfect for your body, your lifestyle, and your goals. This goes for every aspect of your life, not just your nutrition and exercise plan. 

Stop second guessing yourself. I believe in you. It's time that you believe in yourself too. Be true to YOU.


No comments:

Post a Comment