8.1.14

Being Kind To Yourself

Happy hump day friends!

It's a beautiful 70 degree day here in Arizona, and I started my morning off with a great hike and some pancakes before heading to the gym for my lifting session. No, it's not that I haven't worked out enough today, I choose to lift because it makes me feel strong. Some people think my filled-out lats and capped shoulders are "gross" or "a bit too big to be tasteful for a woman," and it used to really get to me. I was completely bound up in what other people thought of me, and I spent way too many years looking at myself and teaching myself to see what they told me I was. One person would say that I was fat, and I would believe it. Every time I looked in the mirror, I would see "fat" like it was stamped on my forehead. Another individual would tell me that I need to grow up, and I would tell myself that I'm not smart enough to be a real adult in the business world. WHY?

Today I want to tell you that nobody knows you better than you know yourself. You have the power to speak words of encouragement and truth to yourself every single day. Do what makes you happy! Build those boulder shoulders in the gym because it brings you joy, look in the mirror and see the armor of strength and beauty and, for goodness sake, don't ever let anyone tell you that you are not smart enough, successful enough, or courageous enough to chase crazy big dreams and inspire people.

You are the only one with the power to give truth to the statements that others make about you. When you begin to believe the negative opinions and comments, you sell yourself short. Remind yourself today that you are worthy of encouragement, inspiration, and truth. Send a stream of positivity into the universe, beginning with you! 


Tell yourself today that you are a masterpiece!

xoxo, Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment