14.1.14

Always On The Go! - Loving Your Body On The Road

Today is my last first day of college! Holy moly.. It is a time for rejoicing and standing in awe of how fast the sand falls in the hour glass. Much of the time that I am in school, I am running all over! Seriously, I eat most main meals in the dining hall (except breakfast), and spend most of my day on the other side of campus at the School of Business. All of the time away from my room has forced me to figure out some quick snacks and healthy choices that I can take on the go. Today, I thought that I would share some of those with you!


  • Greek Yogurt- It is so easy to grab and keep in your purse if you don't need to wait too long to eat. You can always throw an ice pack in with it too!
  • Bell Pepper Sandwiches- I love to slice a pepper in half and fill it with avocado, mustard, and deli turkey! Sometimes bread gets soggy or smushed, so this is a great way to keep your sandwich crisp! Another great idea if you prefer bread is to put a leaf of lettuce inside each slice of the bread to separate your fillings and prevent sogginess.
  • String Cheese- I loved this stuff when I was little! Now I eat it all the time because it is a great way to get in some extra protein and it's pretty filling!
  • Almonds/Almond Butter- I break these down into single serving snack baggies and love to keep them in by bag in case of an emergency. The to-go packets of peanut butter or almond butter are great too!
  • Chopped Veggies/Fruit- This may seem a bit obvious, but so many people forget that you can chop some celery, cucumber, and carrots and put them in a snack bag for a mid-day treat! An apple or orange is also a great way to get some nutrients in throughout the day.
  • Tea Bags/Coffee- I am a sucker for the on-campus coffee shop! I will bring my own tea bags and ask for a cup of hot water (only 25 cents!) or get an afternoon Americano. Warm drinks help to curb my hunger and calm me down a bit when the stress starts to set in.
  • Beef Jerky/Turkey Jerky- Another favorite of mine is jerky. If you can, make your own, but you can buy some if that is a lot easier. Look for brands that don't have any preservatives or very little sugar in the ingredients list. I really like this Perky Jerky! It's only 100 calories for the whole bag!
There you have it! Those are some of my favorite options for healthy snacks on the go. Give them a try the next time that you need something fast!

What are some of your favorite healthy snacks for on the go? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment